News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin, I'm sure Leyster was referring to the Qualia spinosaurid.

Faelrin

avatar_Sim @Sim L @Leyster Ah okay, my bad there. That would make a bit more sense. Saw his response right below avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres posting about the Guiabasaurus so thought it was in response to that.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Primeval12

Quote from: Leyster on April 17, 2024, 04:20:28 PMavatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres well, to be fair we have little idea of how big was it, apart for a few teeth. The model is ok for a specimen of about five to seven meters in 1:40.

It's also a theropod when it shouldn't be. I have one and IDK why I like it but I do...

Prehistory Resurrection

Halichoeres

Quote from: Faelrin on April 17, 2024, 07:16:31 PMavatar_Sim @Sim L @Leyster Ah okay, my bad there. That would make a bit more sense. Saw his response right below avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres posting about the Guiabasaurus so thought it was in response to that.

My fault, I should use the quote function more often to make it clear what I'm responding to. But yeah, I was talking about the Qualia spinosaurid.

Quote from: Primeval12 on April 17, 2024, 10:54:03 PMIt's also a theropod when it shouldn't be. I have one and IDK why I like it but I do...

To be fair, the earliest sauropodomorphs and the earliest theropods had an awful lot in common!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Ludodactylus

Seeing the Jurassic World Bite Club Triceratops, my immediate reaction was "my wife makes that face."

I showed her the figure without comment, and she also immediately responded with "I make that face!" She loved how cute and chubby the figure was as well.

Amazon just dropped one off for her. Here's her response:

"The most popular exhibits in any natural history museum are, without doubt, the dinosaurs. These creatures' popularity grows each year, partly because of the recent resurgence of dinosaur movies, but also because a skeleton of a full-sized Tyrannosaurus rex still has the ability, even 65 million years after its death, to chill us to the bone." - Ray Harryhausen

Mellow Stego

Keep calm and love dinosaurs

DefinitelyNOTDilo

The latest package from Dan's Dinosaurs has finally arrived! Love these two so much! When I saw the Lufengosaurus I knew I just had to have it, and what better figure to get alongside it than Therizinosaurus! I only have the Edmonto on hand rn but here's a comp with it!

JimoAi

My new additions + repaint

CollectA mini anaconda

Safari ltd Camarasaurus

Safari ltd parasaurolophus

Pnso Spinosaurus

Haolonggood Carnotaurus (my first from HLG)

Not new but decided to brush up on the Safari ltd tylosaurus's mouth interior due to the sloppy teeth paint

need4swede

Got a pair of JP3 raptors by Nanmu

- Swede

Roselaar

Lotsa new stuff this week! First, some recently released Safari/Paposaurs:

And then, today;s Kings Day haul. Pretty good finds, a great deal of Schleich, various JP/JW stuff, good books and assorted items:

need4swede

A nice surprise to see 'Le Mans' in the mix! I've worked on a few 917's over the years...
Great haul and a great movie!
- Swede

SidB

The Papo is bigger than I thought that it would be.

PrimevalRaptor

Oh my god I think that book about dinosaurs in the city is one I loved in kindergarten and forgot about until today, amazing find! :D

Sim

I've acquired the Haolonggood yellow Scolosaurus.  The sculpture is excellent, but the paintjob isn't.  It's the only Haolonggood paintjob that's let me down.  I'm happy to have this figure, but it could have been much better with a decent paintjob.

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on April 28, 2024, 06:45:57 PMI've acquired the Haolonggood yellow Scolosaurus.  The sculpture is excellent, but the paintjob isn't.  It's the only Haolonggood paintjob that's let me down.  I'm happy to have this figure, but it could have been much better with a decent paintjob.

I think the grey version is better handled at the paint department. It is similar to PNSO's Zuul however, so for those who display their figures by clades and have both figures, I get why they may prefer the orange Scolosaurus.

Sim

I have PNSO's Zuul, the grey Scolosaurus is too similar to it for me.  To be fair, the yellow Scolosaurus looks striking and I like that about it, but not as much care was put into its paintjob as what Haolonggood paintjobs are usually like.

Concavenator

Got CollectA's Mosasaurus and Kaiyodo's Yi in, and they're top tier!

(thank you avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian for the Yi!)  :)

thebermuda303

Love that Mosa! Got him recently as well and not only is it my first marine reptile figure, it has quickly became my favorite collecta figure I own.

SenSx

It's a great mosasarus figure, probably the best, but I don't like how the teeth overlap and prevent the mouth to fully close :(

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: