News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Sideshow DINOSAURIA (with poll)

Started by postsaurischian, March 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which are your 3 favourite Sideshow 'Dinosauria' models?

1. Allosaurus vs. Camarasaurus diorama
4 (22.2%)
2. Apatosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
3. Brachiosaurus ornament
0 (0%)
4. Carnotaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
5. Ceratosaurus
1 (5.6%)
6. Deinosuchus vs. Parasaurolophus diorama
3 (16.7%)
7. Dilophosaurus maquette
0 (0%)
8. Euoplocephalus in Egg maquette
0 (0%)
9. Gastonia
3 (16.7%)
10. Mosasaur statue
3 (16.7%)
11. Protoceratops vs. Velociraptor diorama
0 (0%)
12. Spinosaurus maquette
2 (11.1%)
13. Stegosaurus maquette
6 (33.3%)
14. Styracosaurus maquette
1 (5.6%)
15. Triceratops statue
2 (11.1%)
16. Tupuxuara maquette
2 (11.1%)
17. Tyrannosaurus rex maquette
5 (27.8%)
18. Tyrannosaurus rex vs. Triceratops diorama
1 (5.6%)
19. T-rex: 'The Tyrant King' statue
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Blade-of-the-Moon

Here's a pic a member at the Sideshow forums did :

tyrantqueen

So it's 1/15? That's a shame, my maximum scale limit is 1/18. But at least I can focus on getting the repaints instead.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 25, 2014, 05:25:29 PM
So it's 1/15? That's a shame, my maximum scale limit is 1/18. But at least I can focus on getting the repaints instead.

That's my thinking. I posted on the last page as well,  the size is around 5" longer than David's.

You could get it and just say it's a BEAST of a tyrannosaur...we do have some larger specimens that the size hasn't been confirmed..but could be 56' if I recall ?

Paleogene Pals

This piece is so magnificent that I think it is worth bending a few "rules". I usually only collect 1/18 to 1/20 and one representative of a particular genus and species. But, my collection could use a king, the One Rex to rule them all!

Yutyrannus

I really want to get this, but I know it'll be too expensive and I don't have room for it.

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Paleogene Pals

Hey, I'm in the same boat, too expensive and no space. But, I guess I will find the money or put it on the card. As for the space, my collection dominates the house; I'm only allowed to live here because I pay the rent.  Innocent collectibles indeed!

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 25, 2014, 04:24:32 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 25, 2014, 01:51:55 PM
I wonder what the scale for the new Tyrannosaurus is going to be. I would have guessed 1/18-ish, but the $380+ price tag suggests to me that it could be bigger. The aged Tyrannosaurus that David Krentz sculpted for the line was only $209 in comparison. Even the 1/10 Stegosaurus was less expensive, at $350. Any thoughts?

Well Sideshow has increased it's prices a bit since David's Rex. They blew the cap on price for the line they originally set already, which I think was 300-350.00 max?   

Shane's Rex is 31" and 1:15 scale,  Sideshow/Jorge's new beast is listed as 30" long I would say it's about the same scale taking into account differences in species.

"Everything is going up in price" Is what a wise Businessman in our community told me.   its not just Sideshow. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on June 26, 2014, 05:22:41 AM
Hey, I'm in the same boat, too expensive and no space. But, I guess I will find the money or put it on the card. As for the space, my collection dominates the house; I'm only allowed to live here because I pay the rent.  Innocent collectibles indeed!

You guys can use the flex pay option and I was told SS accepts Paypal now too.  Space..well just knock out another wall..what will hurt ? lol

tyrantqueen

QuoteYou guys can use the flex pay option and I was told SS accepts Paypal now too.  Space..well just knock out another wall..what will hurt ? lol
Hah ;) If only it was that easy.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on June 26, 2014, 05:05:16 PM
QuoteYou guys can use the flex pay option and I was told SS accepts Paypal now too.  Space..well just knock out another wall..what will hurt ? lol
Hah ;) If only it was that easy.

Gotta sledge hammer handy ? lol

rfdelgado

Between this rex and the Mosasaur, two pretty cool new additions to the line!
Has anyone done a photo size comp of the rex vs the Mosa?
Pysched about both of these.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: rfdelgado on July 04, 2014, 04:25:12 AM
Between this rex and the Mosasaur, two pretty cool new additions to the line!
Has anyone done a photo size comp of the rex vs the Mosa?
Pysched about both of these.
Not that I've seen..just David's Rex and the new one.

Paleogene Pals

Sideshow: The Rex that ate my wallet  :P

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on July 04, 2014, 01:16:26 PM
Sideshow: The Rex that ate my wallet  :P

Thing is they are about the same price as a resin model but then you have to build and paint them. Granted as the price goes up with sideshow that distance between a good deal gets smaller and smaller.

docronnie

Sideshow statues are beautiful and expensive.  They occupy a great deal of space too.  Good thing I'm not into statues ... I'm successful so far of avoiding them.  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Paleogene Pals

True Blade, true. I ordered Lu Feng Shan's Deinotherium and Sean Cooper's Indricotherium, both around $350 (more or less). Take into account the amount of time I will need to assemble the pieces, fill in and eradicate seams, prime and paint, and costs of supplies to do this, they will have cost me far more than any Sideshow Dinosauria. Of course, the Deinothrium and Indricotherium are stunning in their own right and well worth it, but resin kits are just as expensive. This is not a hobby for the financially squeamish.  ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Paleogene Pals on July 05, 2014, 03:30:55 AM
True Blade, true. I ordered Lu Feng Shan's Deinotherium and Sean Cooper's Indricotherium, both around $350 (more or less). Take into account the amount of time I will need to assemble the pieces, fill in and eradicate seams, prime and paint, and costs of supplies to do this, they will have cost me far more than any Sideshow Dinosauria. Of course, the Deinothrium and Indricotherium are stunning in their own right and well worth it, but resin kits are just as expensive. This is not a hobby for the financially squeamish.  ;)

I hear that bud.

rfdelgado

Just got an email that the Triceratops is up for preorder, and it's a beauty. Wish I knew how to post pics.

Also the re-color on the stegosaur is up!

Really, really nice.

If I knew how to post pics I would

Try going to the site.

tyrantqueen

Done

More pics here: http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dinosauria-triceratops-sideshow-collectibles-2003621/?ref=home-slider-Triceratops_Statue-20140715

The trike is looking good. I like how powerful and muscular it looks. My only criticism is that the "barbs" that were seen in the original sketch don't seem to have translated as well into 3D form. They look more like scutes.

Concavenator

OMG  :o
(...look,Papo hehe)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: