News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

The Japanese truelly know the art of creating mini-figures. Candy Toys, Capsule Toys and premimus....suddenly I had dozens of Godzilla figures. Although it is under control now, as a decided to mainly focus on Mini Dioramas.

Quote from: DinoLord on July 08, 2015, 08:09:00 PM
Quote from: SBell on July 08, 2015, 07:12:07 PMFair warning--it's a slippery slope. I started with a few original Dinotales (one, to be exact--the S1 Brontotherium). Then the whole Dinotales sets. Now I have hundreds of Japanese figures of so many animals...it will never stop... :o

Luckily I was able to stop after finishing my Dinotales collection, though I am a sucker for whatever new prehistoric figures Kaiyodo releases...
I don't have a complete collection and I'm still a sucker for those. Kaiyodo's offers are probably only sets of prehistoric animals where I also collect mammals.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Brachiosaurus

joossa

The beast in the bird cage looks fantastic. Don't make it upset!  ;)
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dinomike

Whoa! So many fantastic acquisitions everyone! Bird cage is a nifty idea, love it!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Alexxitator

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 08, 2015, 08:22:35 PM
The Japanese truelly know the art of creating mini-figures. Candy Toys, Capsule Toys and premimus....suddenly I had dozens of Godzilla figures. Although it is under control now, as a decided to mainly focus on Mini Dioramas.

Quote from: SBell on July 08, 2015, 07:12:07 PMFair warning--it's a slippery slope. I started with a few original Dinotales (one, to be exact--the S1 Brontotherium). Then the whole Dinotales sets. Now I have hundreds of Japanese figures of so many animals...it will never stop... :o

Luckily I was able to stop after finishing my Dinotales collection, though I am a sucker for whatever new prehistoric figures Kaiyodo releases...
I don't have a complete collection and I'm still a sucker for those. Kaiyodo's offers are probably only sets of prehistoric animals where I also collect mammals.
They really got me hooked yes. Aside from having the Dinotales, CapsuleQ and a whole slew of specials nearly complete there's the Fossil Fish, Furuta dinos, Kitan Club turtles, seamammals and stuff in the Nature Techni Colour series I really like very much...
I also should start a topic in the trades section again, as I have quite a few doubles...
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Halichoeres

Quote from: Alexxitator on July 09, 2015, 03:52:31 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on July 08, 2015, 08:22:35 PM

They really got me hooked yes. Aside from having the Dinotales, CapsuleQ and a whole slew of specials nearly complete there's the Fossil Fish, Furuta dinos, Kitan Club turtles, seamammals and stuff in the Nature Techni Colour series I really like very much...
I also should start a topic in the trades section again, as I have quite a few doubles...

When you say Fossil Fish, are you referring to the Colorata boxed set? (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005UT7TT6/ref=sr_ph_1?m=A3EB2A4ND4N4M5&ie=UTF8&qid=1436458330&sr=1&keywords=colorata+fossil+fish)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Alexxitator

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

Kayakasaurus

I started buying dinosaurs from Goodwill, here's what I've found so far

Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Paleona

Nice finds!  I need to start looking at my local thrift stores, too. :)  I love that pic of the Brachio- that's the perfect twig!  The color editing is lovely, as well.

laticauda

Very nice finds.  I have never found anything when I have gone to thrift stores, so my hats off to you. 

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Paleona on July 10, 2015, 01:36:44 AM
Nice finds!  I need to start looking at my local thrift stores, too. :)  I love that pic of the Brachio- that's the perfect twig!  The color editing is lovely, as well.

Thank you, I used a smoke bush twig for the tree  :) there's usually a lot of dinosaurs at our Goodwill and it's always neat to find a good one. I can't afford to buy a lot of brand new $9 figures, but who can pass up $2?

Quote from: laticauda on July 10, 2015, 04:55:47 AM
Very nice finds.  I have never found anything when I have gone to thrift stores, so my hats off to you. 

I've gone to our value village a couple times and there hasn't been anything good, but for some reason, just down the road, I've found all these guys.

Takama

My Goodwill does not get Anything Good  in unless its donated From ME.

Meso-Cenozoic

My Goodwill is expensive! LOL! :P

Nice finds, Kayakasurus! I like that Brachiosaurus pic. Is that a WS? I can't tell for sure from just the head and neck. (I know. I should be ashamed! :-[ )

Oh, I forgot to add that I picked up the three new Battat repaints! YAY!! They were the only ones they had, just one of each. And now they're mine, all mine! >:D Muahaha!!

EmperorDinobot

I live sorta close to like 6 goodwills and all I see is garbage.

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Takama on July 10, 2015, 06:00:04 AM
My Goodwill does not get Anything Good  in unless its donated From ME.

LOL  :))

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on July 10, 2015, 06:03:11 AM
My Goodwill is expensive! LOL! :P

Nice finds, Kayakasurus! I like that Brachiosaurus pic. Is that a WS? I can't tell for sure from just the head and neck. (I know. I should be ashamed! :-[ )

Oh, I forgot to add that I picked up the three new Battat repaints! YAY!! They were the only ones they had, just one of each. And now they're mine, all mine! >:D Muahaha!!

Yup that's the safari 1996, it's actually still in stores. Congrats on the Battats! My Target doesn't have them yet.
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on July 10, 2015, 06:52:20 AM
I live sorta close to like 6 goodwills and all I see is garbage.

Yup there is plenty of garbage, each one of the figures I found was in bag with a bunch of Chinosaurs. It's like finding a pearl in a clam lol :)) I think I might turn the Chinosaurs into a DIY coat rack or something  :P :)

Libraraptor

If dinosaurs like these were being sold in goodwill stores in Germany, I wouldn´t stroll ebay or the classification thread that often. Most the Goodwill stores close to me do sell  is rubbish.

suspsy

IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Meso-Cenozoic

Oh wow, suspsy, you got the CollectA Feathered T. rex! Who had it, MiniZoo? He looks good! Although, I still think those curves in his tail, especially the sharp curl at the end, doesn't seem possible in reality. Correct me if I'm wrong. But do any theropods have that kind of flexibility throughout their tails?

I didn't know he was going to have a base. All the prototype pics were baseless, I thought. Is he removable? I hope so!

Shonisaurus

Suspsy're a lucky person to have his hands that beautiful feathered tyrannosaurus. I congratulate you.

Certainly the Acrocanthosaurus Collecta, to me is perhaps the weakest part of this year within the range of luxury.

Does anyone know if the Acrocanthosaurus has plastic base?

Jetoar

Personally, new T-Rex is very strange to me. Other colors had been better even witt less feathers in its neak too  ^-^.

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: