News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

The T. rex is an advance sample that CollectA very generously sent me. As far as I know, it's not available at Minizoo or any other stores yet. I posted my review on the DTB this morning.

And no, the Acrocanthosaurus, which is in a more standard pose, does not have a base. At least not the ones I've seen people posting photos of recently.
IMG_0123 by Suspsy Three, on Flickr

Meso-Cenozoic

Oh, OK. Lucky you! :)  I had just remembered that MiniZoo had gotten in some new CollectA figures that we hadn't yet here in the States. I wasn't sure if the T. rex might have been one of them.

So do you know if the mass-produced Feathered T. rex will also come on a base, and if so, can he be removed from it? Thanks! Just curious because none of the previous pics we've seen, including the one from the toy fair, had bases.

P.S. Thanks for the heads-up on your review. I'll go check it out!

Dinomike

Whoa! Suspy, you are very lucky! Great T.rex!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Libraraptor

RobinGoodfellow

...Finally in my collection  ::)

AAA Smilodon (big)

Arul

That is so cool suspsy. How could collecta directly sent you that sample ?  :o

Concavenator

Quote from: ARUL on July 14, 2015, 10:18:26 AM
Maybe he requested CollectA doing one? Because I suggested CollectA doing 'the new Spinosaurus'.When they released the photos they told me they'd send me the models whenever I want.

Arul

Quote from: Concavenator on July 14, 2015, 10:24:22 AM
Maybe he requested CollectA doing one? Because I suggested CollectA doing 'the new Spinosaurus'.When they released the photos they told me they'd send me the models whenever I want.
Oh really ? Very good for you guys. Concavenator, choose the swimming gesture its good one hehehe :D

Concavenator

Quote from: ARUL on July 14, 2015, 10:31:20 AM
Oh really ? Very good for you guys. Concavenator, choose the swimming gesture its good one hehehe :D
They'll send me the three models.

Arul

Quote from: Concavenator on July 14, 2015, 10:45:00 AM
Quote from: ARUL on July 14, 2015, 10:31:20 AM
They'll send me the three models.
Ohh so the normal position, walking, and swimming. That is superb !

Halichoeres

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on July 14, 2015, 09:59:43 AM
...Finally in my collection  ::)

AAA Smilodon (big)

Wow, what a monster!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Dinomike

Really!!! Does this mean one can send them a request?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

suspsy

I did not request anything from CollectA; the T. rex was a gift of their own accord.

Concavenator

Quote from: Dinomike on July 14, 2015, 02:32:45 PM

Really!!! Does this mean one can send them a request?
Of course,you can.VIA FB or their own website.

suspsy

I don't think people should be making such requests. It's one thing for a toy company to offer you a gift out of their own volition and generosity. But asking them directly for something, well, that's like inviting yourself to a party.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Glad you got to have your T. rex early, Supsy! The smilodon has a very expressive face.
Here are my recent acquisitions:

[Image Removed]

I was waiting a long time to find another Carnegie para, since my first was one of my very first Carnegies, but has a nasty chip out of the yellow paint. It was a nice surprise to see this in a local hobby shop I haven't visited in a few years. The mosasaur is an okay figure, but like all JW toys, it's not as good as it could be. The allosaurus, on the other hand, is awesome! It was also a pleasant surprise to see it at a newly-opened toy store.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Roselaar

Great loking feathered T-Rex there! :)

Did pretty well myself these last two days. I got a nice mix of old and new:

Dinomike

Great new dinosaurs everyone and also my 600th post! :) The JP Allosaurus is a gem!

Fofer

I really like the allosaurus!

suspsy

Have to say, given the role the Mosasaurus played in JW, I'm surprised it's only getting one toy, and not a very impressive one at that.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: