You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Challenger

I'm so happy today! It´s impossible to find Safari and Carnegie figures in my town, but finally this guys are mine :)
Really wonderful figures, and bigger than I expected!

And these are the last Collecta figures I bought. The xenoceratops is stunning, but I repainted the red details of the head.

Dinomike

Nice ones Mr. Challenger! I really like the Caudipteryx!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dinomike

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on July 27, 2015, 02:13:34 PM
I am not a big fan of Invicta dinosaurs.
But recently I found an original boxset on Ebay (from UK ).
It is a special edition with Lambeosaurus.  :o
How can I resist?   ;)
The seller sent me also the missing Plesiosaurus  ^-^

Here it is:

..See you soon...  :D

What an awesome find! Ooh! ^-^
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

sauroid

got some new stuff
Favorite Allosaurus

Kaiyodo Ceratopsian series Triceratops

Fame Master T. rex color variant and Pteranodon

unknown brand Geoworld level Velociraptor and Spinosaurus

a couple of unusual unknown brands trikes

baby dinos (Disga Para and Safari Brach)

mini Safaris

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Patrx

Whoah, the Favorite Allosaurus can stand on its own without a base? With normal-sized feet?

Concavenator

Quote from: Patrx on July 31, 2015, 03:54:03 PM
Whoah, the Favorite Allosaurus can stand on its own without a base? With normal-sized feet?
The Safari Yutyrannus does as well.

docronnie

Excellent finds! Congrats Sauroid!  :)

My Favorite Allosaurus could not stand well.  I have been hunting for its base lately, no luck so far.  I think Boki was also able to make his stand without the base.

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Bokisaurus

Great new addition everyone!
I was able to pick up the JP mosasaur, the only figure from that line that I really like. It's a nice model and I actually like it a lot. Also got the CollectA nile crocodile, really nice figure with articulated jaw. In addition, also got the CollectA babirusa figure ;D
[]

suspsy

I have to say again, Hasbro really would have been wiser had they made more than one Mosasaur toy.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Jetoar

Lovely new acquisitions  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Lovely Mosasaur! One of the few figures Hasbro did not wholly screw up.

There's reports of Mosasaurs being spotted in Dutch stores at last. Hopefully I'll be able to get one soon.

Paleona

Quote from: Roselaar on August 01, 2015, 10:41:35 PM

But, I still see at least 5 screw holes there...  ;)  lol, I couldn't resist.  :))

Roselaar

Quote from: Paleona on August 02, 2015, 02:38:54 PM
Quote from: Roselaar on August 01, 2015, 10:41:35 PM

But, I still see at least 5 screw holes there...  ;)  lol, I couldn't resist.  :))

Wow, I really made that joke easy for you, didn't I?  ;D

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Bokisaurus on August 01, 2015, 07:20:15 PM
Great new addition everyone!
I was able to pick up the JP mosasaur, the only figure from that line that I really like. It's a nice model and I actually like it a lot. Also got the CollectA nile crocodile, really nice figure with articulated jaw. In addition, also got the CollectA babirusa figure ;D
[]

Not even your lovely pictures can make me un-hate the Mosasaur. If anything my first and only youtube video (before I get my lightbox and lanterns) is about the Mosasurus. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-BCrcdDyt0

My review sayeth "eh eh", but after having to deal with this toy for a while, I'm deathly afraid of breaking it. The design is perfid at most. This was the one figure I wanted the most ever since I heard Mosasaurus was going to be on the film. Ummm... I don't hate it, it's just not great (unless in your pictures of course).

stemturtle

Ichthostega sp. (Kaiyodo) nearly 3 inches or 7.5 cm.

Kaiyodo has finally issued a figure of Ichthyostega. It's a beauty. It is part of a set of 5 called the Great Leap Forward museum exhibition, posted by brettnj. It is sold on eBay as Leaps in Evolution.

Each limb is sculpted to end with 6 digits. Fossils are lacking for the fingers, but the hind limb had 4 stout toes preceded by two small toes and one that is tiny for a total count of 7. The representation by this sculptor is an accurate compromise.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

Meso-Cenozoic

Nice to see some good pics of the Mosasaurus, Boki! Do you happen to know what scale your little diver is? He looks pretty good next to him.

And thanks for the great closeup pic of the Kaiyodo Ichthyostega, Stemturtle. He's a handsome little devil!

Arul

Thanks for the pic Boki congrats for the mosasaurus, i really want that toy but here in indonesia its very difficult to get it...and hey, Babirusa is an endemic animal from my country what a weirddd animal right  :)) in indonesian, babirusa consist from 2 words babi and rusa. Babi means pig rusa means deer  :)

Halichoeres

That babirusa looks pretty great.

So does the Ichthyostega, thanks, stem-turtle. Big improvement, toe-wise, from the Dino Horizons Ichthyostega. I agree that having six visible digits makes good sense for animals that probably exhibited some syndactyly.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

i wonder if the new Ichthyostega is the same size as the old Dino Tales one. would be nice to see a side by side photo
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: sauroid on August 04, 2015, 05:05:53 PM
i wonder if the new Ichthyostega is the same size as the old Dino Tales one. would be nice to see a side by side photo
The Dinotales Acanthostega is about 8cm long, so very similar. I don't have the new one yet, so someone else will have to post a comparison shot.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: