You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neosodon

Good choice on picking the trees up. Prehistoric Plants are hard to come by and safari's are excellent. It's a shame they retired them. Hopefully they will come out with a new plant trio soon.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Pachyrhinosaurus

Also I accumulated this lot in the last month or so:

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Jose S.M.

Anzu looks nice!  Can't wait to get it. Also Mastodon and Daeodon are great, the Amarga it's a pass for me, but the dark green color looks more natural in your photo than in the promos.

Shonisaurus

Tomorrow or Monday at the latest I also receive the Dejankins daeodon but I have been impressed by the anzu It is very nice! and it is not a tripod a real work of art.  8)

As for the amargasaurus compared to the opinions of other members of the forum I see it as a beautiful figure but that is not at the same height as the diplodocus, apatosaurus and brachiosaurus of the same brand Safari but with a size that is the one that me like for this type of figures. Although I know that amargasaurus did not have this scale, I was fed up with the fact that amargasaurus figures were always marketed in scale or medium or small size and I say this with all respect to all the members of the forum who do not agree with me.

On the other hand the two prehistoric mammals of Doug Watson to one I know (I have it in my shelves mamut americanum aka "mastodon") and another I will have in short the beautiful daeodon that will make very good pair with the one of Collecta.  :))

PhilSauria

Great pics. Good to see photos of the actual figures as distinct from the retouched promo images. Also for size comparisons. So far I think I'll be getting them all, though slightly eccentric looking, shall we say, the Armarg doesn't bother me as much as it does some members. Thanks for posting these.

Takama

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on October 26, 2017, 09:14:30 PM

OH god. Its bigger then i Feared ::).

Well I guess i cant complain. You all wanted bigger models from them, well here you go ;)

Reptilia

It'd be interesting to see a comparison between the Anzu and the feathered Velociraptor. Also, how does the model stand? Is it touching the ground with its left wing?

Faelrin

Congrats with getting those figures. I think I might have to order that Anzu after all, but I'm still waiting for the ceratopsian and Ankylosaurus to be revealed before hand. I think it's also interesting how similar the colors are on both the Anzu and Amargasaurus. They'll probably display nicely together.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

stargatedalek

Amargasaurus looks much nicer than in the stock photos, no longer an outright pass that's for sure. Thanks for posting.

Shonisaurus

I just received the daeodon Safari from Dejankins and I can assure you that it is an exceptional figure neither very large nor very small, medium in size but larger than the prehistoric mammal figures of Safari of yesteryear or at least I see it as very voluminous.  8)

On the other hand the treatment that Dean gives to his clients is of matrícula of honor. He is an excellent person and a merchant! I am eternally grateful for your always cordial treatment and for your attention to the customer through email. He is a great person.  :D

As for the amargasaurus and anzu I will buy them in my Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid although I would like to buy them in an Online Shop but it is cheaper to buy said figures in a physical store.  ^-^

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Reptilia on October 26, 2017, 11:43:02 PM
It'd be interesting to see a comparison between the Anzu and the feathered Velociraptor. Also, how does the model stand? Is it touching the ground with its left wing?

The wingtip does touch the ground and supports the figure though it isn't too obvious.

I posted some comparison photos in the WS 2018 thread:
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6016.msg182705#msg182705
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tanystropheus

the Anzu is a step up from last year's Velociraptor. Heck, it might just be the best feathered dinosaur model.

sauroid

awesome haul pachyrhinosaurus, grats im jealous. :D
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

My latest haul:

Brought two Ixalan Boosters, one English and one German. Those are the cards with Dinosaurs on them. I kinda had a feeling that I would have doubles, but that way they are at least doubles in different languages.
Also got a JW mug. In case you wonder, it's Rexy, using standard artwork of her.
And of course the newest National Geographic. About time the German version got a prehistoric cover story.

Got the magazine version of the Schleich Stegosaurus and the brown Motosaurus from relatives. ( The latter from the same one who got me a green one a few months ago, pointing out that I have several redecos of figures in my collection and that it would go well with the one I have...) Funny thing about the comic: When one of the humans encounters a Spinosaurus, he chases it away using ultra sonic sound from his smart phone. The picture on his smart phone is clearly a traced and recolored picture of the Papo Spinosaurus. They also encounter a Liopleurodon in a lake...inside a volcano. Uh yeah! ( Why not uses Mosasaurus, given that Schleich has a Mini of that? )

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

is that National Geographic prehistoric issue also the same as the international version?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Same articles and pictures, yes.  But I don't know if both versions come out at the same time.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Lanthanotus

I did not celebrate my birthday yesterday but I still got presents :D ...

.. the dinosaur related ones are a feathered dinosaur poster and a heavy tome called Paläo-Art. I got some quite big and heavy books in my collection of scientific literature, but this one is outstanding:

The book was published in March this year and is quite up to date. However, the paleo art it discusses is from like 1800 to 1990, so the most modern/recent bits are those of Ely Kish from the late 70's. Most images show horribly outdated visions of the past, but there's an impressive collection of images that you might not have seen before, not only paintings, but also murals and others (by popular artists as Burian or Knight, but also a lot of others, quite less popular ones yet not les impressive ones). I yet haven't read much for sure, but what i read also provided some information I haven't read about yet, despite being familiar with the story of Mary Anning for example. A lot of art history in there, so not a paleo book for itself, but an interesting approach to join paleontology and art history. Highly recommended.

Faelrin

That's some interesting artwork there, but I really like that image of the Inostrancevia on the Scutosaurus. Their skin textures in particular remind me of the Safari Ltd figures.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

Quote from: Lanthanotus on November 03, 2017, 04:31:09 PM
I did not celebrate my birthday yesterday but I still got presents :D ...

.. the dinosaur related ones are a feathered dinosaur poster and a heavy tome called Paläo-Art.

A paleoart book by Taschen is a dream come true for me. I have lots of their art books, great quality and classy, so I must get this one as soon as possible. Thanks Lanthanotus!

sauroid

got these during the past couple of months
Papo

Kenner Chasmosaurus

Kabaya Iguanodon

Kabaya Ankylosaurus

Favorite Deinonychus (i think this is my fifth multiple of this figure)

Battat Amargasaurus reissue

Fame Master mammoth

TOMY ania baby mammoth

large AAA Styracosaurus

smaller AAA Stego and Styraco

miscellaneous

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: