You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyrhinosaurus

Nice lot! It's good to see someone on the forum got that Carnegie brachiosaur. I think I might have been watching the same auction but since I have a few of the newer ones I didn't bother to bid.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

BlueKrono

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on October 15, 2017, 02:19:26 AM
Nice lot! It's good to see someone on the forum got that Carnegie brachiosaur. I think I might have been watching the same auction but since I have a few of the newer ones I didn't bother to bid.

Yeah, I spent more than I probably should have, but the Carnegie Brachio has been one of my favorite toys since preschool and now that I'm in my 20's I wanted to snag the rarer version.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ZoPteryx

Wow, great haul BlueKrono!  I'm especially jealous of those Playvision mammals.  :))

BlueKrono

Quote from: ZoPteryx on October 15, 2017, 06:42:26 AM
Wow, great haul BlueKrono!  I'm especially jealous of those Playvision mammals.  :))

I'll post on the eBay thread when they're up for sale. Should be this week. Funny they originated in the US but I had to get mine from the UK.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Jeezum Crow, quite a haul, BlueKrono. That Jack in the Box Dolichorhynchops is a treasure.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Roselaar

Fabulous hauls! Congrats on the rare Brachiosaurus!

spinosaurus1

waited ten months to get my hands on this

David Krentz spinosaurus painted by Martin Garrat. wonderful paintwork on a wonderful sculpt

BlueKrono

Two of the best in the biz!

Simon

Magnificent sculpt (not that far off from the current wisdom regarding the legs) and superb Garrattization!!!  ;)

Loon

I recently picked up some decently accurate figures from Schleich and Papo:

I would say that I'm sorry for not catching the entirety of the Barapasaurus's face, but that would imply it was something that you'd want to see.

As well as my first CollectA figures; the Dimorphodon and Xenoceratops:

CityRaptor

You know, the Barapasaurus is really the Red Skull in Dinosaur form.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

Quote from: Loon on October 16, 2017, 05:31:34 AM
I recently picked up some decently accurate figures from Schleich and Papo:

I would say that I'm sorry for not catching the entirety of the Barapasaurus's face, but that would imply it was something that you'd want to see.

Lanthanotus

Hail Hydra!

Living in Germany you can imagine how often I am forced to look upon this thing in any toy shop....

PhilSauria

Schleich have a pretty good market penetration out here in Australia as well so I too have seen this apparition more times than I care to on being drawn to Dinosaur figures in reatail outlets. Bring on the new Safari Sauropods!

Josesaurus rex

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 16, 2015, 02:08:45 PM
Quote from: Tyto_Theropod on May 16, 2015, 11:04:34 AM
Have to disagree there - I prefer the Carnegie. It's got loads more life in it, and looks like it could feasibly be rearing up. Whereas the Schleich... just looks awkward.

Some people like jazz while others like heavy metal; some people like Mozart while others like hip hop.... There is no right or wrong....

The illustration of the "old-school" T Rex that I mentioned:

a question. how is called the book where are those illustrations? if it is not annoyance, could you mention it please? greetings

Lanthanotus

You'll find the answer here and in the replies following the link ;)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Josesaurus rex on October 16, 2017, 10:46:30 PM
a question. how is called the book where are those illustrations? if it is not annoyance, could you mention it please? greetings

The full book here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157686640668410

spinosaurus1

gotten this little guy today

and the kaiyodo collection grows larger

and some more photos on the spinosaurus. i really can't get enough of this thing. the favorite co tyrannosaurus vs triceratops thrown in there

paintingdinos

Picked up a few things that I'm really excited about!

First, the X-plus Styracosaurus. Originally picked it up with the intent to repaint, but I'm actually growing attached to it as-is. Decisions decisions.

I also occasionally collect art prints that I think are cool. These new pieces I'm especially smitten with, though, because they look like pieces right out of an Audubon society book. 

Top and bottom left are by Gabriel Ugueto (http://gabrielugueto.com/), rightmost image is by Apsaravis on deviantart.

Lastly, the one I'm most excited about:

Parasaurolophus by Masterpiece Models

I've wanted this thing for a hot minute, but forced myself to paint a few more models before I took him on. He's HUGE... the Papo Allosaurus is for scale, and is barely larger than a leg!

Jose S.M.

That Para is huuuge! I want to see how you are going to paint it. The art prints are lovely.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: