News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Paleo-Creatures Collection: New For 2016

Started by Takama, December 03, 2015, 11:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

I like the Nostolepis idea. Nobody has made an acanthodian for decades.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Jetoar

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 31, 2016, 03:24:17 AM
I like the Nostolepis idea. Nobody has made an acanthodian for decades.

Nice. I have included it in a future list. What sacle would you like the new releases. I think 1:40 will be good.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Dilopho

Snazzy new icon, Jetoar!  8)
(Snazzy means the same as stylish etc I don't know if it is used outside of Northern England)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Dilopho on August 31, 2016, 04:38:43 PM
(Snazzy means the same as stylish etc I don't know if it is used outside of Northern England)

It's the logo of his line of figures, "Paleo-Creatures".

Jetoar

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on August 31, 2016, 04:48:03 PM

Exactly  ^-^! It is the logo of my line. Do you think is a 1:40  a good size or you prefer other size?
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Dilopho

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on August 31, 2016, 04:48:03 PM

Yeah I know  :))
It's very on-brand!

RobinGoodfellow

To me, all in-between 1:45 - 1:35 is good.
But it depends on the animal.
When I did my first commission to you ( the Xenacanthus ), I asked for a 1:7 figure because the Xenacanthus was only 1 mt long.
For my second and third commission to you ( the Koolasuchus and the Saurosuchus ) I asked for a 1:35 scale.
1:35 figures are perfect alongside my other major models.
I'm not a scale-addicted collector.
It depends on the length of the final model because I don't like too much the miniaturized-Kaiyodo-style figures.
But that's only my preference...

:)

Takama

I would like 1:40 or 1:35. however, i also like all my models to be into scale including the Giants.   

Jetoar

Quote from: RobinGoodfellows on August 31, 2016, 05:49:54 PM
To me, all in-between 1:45 - 1:35 is good.
But it depends on the animal.
When I did my first commission to you ( the Xenacanthus ), I asked for a 1:7 figure because the Xenacanthus was only 1 mt long.
For my second and third commission to you ( the Koolasuchus and the Saurosuchus ) I asked for a 1:35 scale.
1:35 figures are perfect alongside my other major models.
I'm not a scale-addicted collector.
It depends on the length of the final model because I don't like too much the miniaturized-Kaiyodo-style figures.
But that's only my preference...

:)

I know it Fabio and your models have been one of the best of my collection. I am really happy  made them  ^-^.

Quote from: Takama on August 31, 2016, 06:02:11 PM
I would like 1:40 or 1:35. however, i also like all my models to be into scale including the Giants.   

I think about it and I could make it in a scale 1:35 because it is a good size for it or 1:40.

In a first place I have thought to make these species:

-Deinonychus couple
-Eurypterus
-Lotosaurus
-Nostolepis
-Europelta

Halichoeres

My favorite scale for large animals is 1:40 (like many here), but an acanthodian in 1:40 scale would be pretty small. I think the largest specimens are only about 2 m long, so it might work better in 1:7 like the Xenacanthus. Nostolepis in particular was probably even smaller but it's not known from good remains anyway, but whichever acanthodian you pick will be pretty tiny if done in 1:40.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Jetoar

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 31, 2016, 08:36:33 PM
My favorite scale for large animals is 1:40 (like many here), but an acanthodian in 1:40 scale would be pretty small. I think the largest specimens are only about 2 m long, so it might work better in 1:7 like the Xenacanthus. Nostolepis in particular was probably even smaller but it's not known from good remains anyway, but whichever acanthodian you pick will be pretty tiny if done in 1:40.

Yes, It will be really small so depends on the creature I will make it in different scales. On the other hand , I acept comissions to make different species too.

Jetoar

Well friends, I have start to make  the couple of Deinonychus. It will be 1:35, because 1:40 are really small and I think 1:35 is a good size. I will show images of them soon  ^-^.

Jetoar

Hi friends. I have made a 75% of one of the Deinonychus. When I finish it, I will show you  ^-^.

Flaffy

Quote from: Jetoar on September 01, 2016, 10:58:07 PM
Hi friends. I have made a 75% of one of the Deinonychus. When I finish it, I will show you  ^-^.
That's sound great! Also, I would love to see you tackle the lotosaurus! ;)

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Jetoar

Hi friends. I have finished it:

Deinonychus antirrhopus. Scale 1:35. 4 inchs/ (10 cm) 20$/ 15€. Shipping cost are included

If you want a copy, send me a PM  ;). On the other hand you can chose the color pattern  if you wish. The female are in process.

Halichoeres

Jetoar

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 02, 2016, 07:26:04 PM
Very nice as always!

Thank you Halichoeres  ^-^. It is the smallest figure that I made it  ^-^. I didnt have painted because the colors would be able to hide the details.

Concavenator

It looks pretty nice,but wish it was bigger.Great model anyway

Jetoar

Quote from: Concavenator on September 02, 2016, 07:51:14 PM
It looks pretty nice,but wish it was bigger.Great model anyway

Thank you Concavenator. It is scale 1:35. If I did it 1:40 it will be really tiny  ;D.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: