News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur Series

Started by Faelrin, March 12, 2020, 04:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

We all know Tyrannosaurus rex is in a league of its own, so it probably makes sense to release both versions in the first wave. As for who else might be in said wave, I'm guessing it'll be a couple of the smallest tyrannosauroids, and possibly one of the other tyrannosaurids.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on August 18, 2021, 01:59:16 AM
We all know Tyrannosaurus rex is in a league of its own, so it probably makes sense to release both versions in the first wave. As for who else might be in said wave, I'm guessing it'll be a couple of the smallest tyrannosauroids, and possibly one of the other tyrannosaurids.
I actually have some doubts for the 1/18th scale rex being in the first wave. Due to its huge size and production samples need testing and examined, I don't think we'll see that one in hand until wave 2. But who knows, as again David may focus on pushing out both versions for good sales, like you said.

suspsy

Quote from: Bread on August 18, 2021, 02:08:44 AM
I actually have some doubts for the 1/18th scale rex being in the first wave. Due to its huge size and production samples need testing and examined, I don't think we'll see that one in hand until wave 2. But who knows, as again David may focus on pushing out both versions for good sales, like you said.

Except David has stated that the 1/18 version will be in the first wave. Both the standard and the exclusive Dino-Riders version.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on August 18, 2021, 02:28:42 AM
Quote from: Bread on August 18, 2021, 02:08:44 AM

Except David has stated that the 1/18 version will be in the first wave. Both the standard and the exclusive Dino-Riders version.
Just reread it. I can't believe I overlooked that! I originally thought the 1/35th was the only rex out of the two to be in the first wave. My bad!

Reuben03

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Bread

Gosh I can't wait to have these in hand. Even the unpainted/prototypes look amazing. Curious to now know what will be released in each wave.

suspsy

I asked David if he thought it was possible that we'd see the first wave by September 2022 and he said he believed it to be so. Of course, any number of unforeseen circumstances can occur between now and 13 months later, so we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Cretaceous Crab

Bread

Quote from: Cretaceous Crab on August 19, 2021, 04:22:10 PM
The Kickstarter campaign hasn't begun for these yet, right?
Not yet, but I do believe it is planned to be on September 23rd, 2021. Although I can not confirm if that date has been official yet.

suspsy

Faelrin

Kickstarter has not started yet. Just as a reminder, the launch date of the kickstarter is in the title of the thread, and in the op as well. Trust me once it goes live I will be sure to update it to announce it as live, and the op with any relevant information from it, such as prices, stretch goals, funding, etc.

Another reminder for folks is that with kickstarters you do not need to pay immediately. It is only when the funding period has ended (typically 30 days after being launched), and only if the funding is successful (which again, I have no doubts this one will be).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

suspsy

Both 1/18 T. rexes and the 1/35 T. rex will indeed be in the first wave. David confirmed it again. :)

MLMjp

Quote from: suspsy on August 19, 2021, 08:25:21 PM
Both 1/18 T. rexes and the 1/35 T. rex will indeed be in the first wave. David confirmed it again. :)
Great.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on August 19, 2021, 08:25:21 PM
Again, a smart move by David. With that statement alone I think this kickstarter will funded quickly, probably the fastest  out of the three lines so far.

suspsy

The package artwork by RJ Palmer for the standard T. rex is up on Facebook now. Definitely captures the essence of the tyrant king, although I wish it was standing atop a slain Triceratops.

Bread

I like the addition of not only the background rex, but the Quetzalcoatlus (plural) as well. Really just brings the artwork together so well! RJ Palmer did a fantastic job.

suspsy

Painting on the Tarbosaurus is nearly done and it looks like a bloody masterpiece. I swear, if I were a wealthier man with a bigger home that could spare a bedroom, I'd be buying the entire series.

https://www.facebook.com/337204093351604/posts/1247479848990686/

Bread

Thanks for the link suspy! I even scrolled down more to see that they posted the almost finished w/ paint WWD 1/35 Rex.

Now if only I could stop clicking on this thread to lower my excitement for these figures. The time between now and the release date feels so far away...

Carnoking

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: