News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegotyranno's Art

Started by Stegotyranno420, March 27, 2020, 10:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

best spino?

1st
0 (0%)
2nd
0 (0%)
3rd
0 (0%)
4th
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 21, 2020, 07:48:50 PM

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Lynx @Lynx thanks, I am especially proud of this one. Might even get it printed likr those PNSO posters

Stegotyranno420

Somehow I never posted the collage for season 1. But here's both.

TooOldForDinosaurs

It looks like you've improved a lot on the detail-work. Great job! :)

Stegotyranno420

avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs thanks
I am trying a new artstyle. Despite my dislike for stylization in favor for realism(my goal), I notice stylized artworks outperform realism 8/10 times.
Here I made some assorted Mesozoic animals(never drawn before), out of scale. Hainosaurus, Microraptor, Aardonyx, and Laeynellasaura

Which style do you prefer

TooOldForDinosaurs

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 05, 2023, 12:39:13 AMavatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs thanks
I am trying a new artstyle. Despite my dislike for stylization in favor for realism(my goal), I notice stylized artworks outperform realism 8/10 times.
Here I made some assorted Mesozoic animals(never drawn before), out of scale. Hainosaurus, Microraptor, Aardonyx, and Laeynellasaura

Which style do you prefer

Hard to say. I think the realistic paintings look really good but I do like this stylized/ cartoon/ comic style a LOT. Big comic fan here. :)

Halichoeres

I'm not sure why, but the more stylized ones do catch the eye. Maybe it's the brighter palette.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

I like those a lot! Would be nice to see more like that from you.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_TooOldForDinosaurs @TooOldForDinosaurs avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator My guess would be in agreement with Halichoeres, the brighter, exciting colors attract more attention. I think this lines up with modern/post-modern general trends of art. Even though dinosaurs cannot be photographed, general trends prefer "surreal" artwork of animals.
While I wnat to stick to realism, I think this is a wake-up call to utilize animation again. That is one benefit of the simple style, as it can be produced faster and with more techniques. I don't have any programs like Adobe After affects so I cannot animate my realistic ones.
We will see how the trends do.

In other news, some new pictures of the Supersaurus. I am either going to christen it as "Uncle Phil" or "Superbus"

My plan is to wait for the opportunity of a larger oven, but for now Subdivision seems like a good option. Might set it aside to work on new sculpts

Stegotyranno420

My first coelphysis

Stegotyranno420

I want to thank my good friend avatar_Perotorum @Perotorum for his help with 3d programs

I chose Tyrannosaurus as it was easy to make. When i started making the sculpt today i was just messing around and by chance it started looking as such

Stegotyranno420

Giganotosaurus, theropods are easier for me to make in Sculpt Gl at the moment. I was working on a supersaurus(in clay and in blender) so hopefully we see how that tunrs out. Blender is complex but I am starting to get better at animation. Before I used sticknodes for 2d, pivot-esque animations.

Stegotyranno420

Basilosaurus test
Model in SculptGl by me
Animated in Blender

Stegotyranno420

Stegotyranno420

My Birthday is nigh, so expect a ton of  Spinosaurus Art
upload image online

Halichoeres

Hmm, if there's no fish, is it really a Spinosaurus?  ;)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 21, 2023, 11:34:26 PMHmm, if there's no fish, is it really a Spinosaurus?  ;)
Isn't Spinosaurus a bony-fish already  ;)

Stegotyranno420

Hey avatar_Lynx @Lynx remember when you were talking about PNSO should make Dinosaur socks, well... :))
https://www.redbubble.com/i/socks/Theropod-Diversity-designs-by-StegoTyrannoArt/147571934.9HZ1B
Not sure if the link even works properly

This is a test design, as my account hasnt been fully set up yet. I am not sure how the prices should be, so i apologize if they seem out of place.
But i am interested to see what things could come out of this.

Lynx

The link doesn't work unfortunately but OH MY GOD DINOSAUR SOCKS

If you are planning on selling them, I'd gladly pick this up. Taking the steps pnso wont.
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Lynx @Lynx i will see how to set my account and in a few days I will tell. The base price ReBubble gives is 16$ but that is way to much, I will have to edit that, nobody in their right mind would shell 16 big ones to buy socks with Dino drawings made by a 15 yr old kid on them   ;D  ;D  ;D

In other news, Spinosaurus Wikipedia release, legs had to be tweaked as the original were "unstable"

Halichoeres

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 22, 2023, 12:17:45 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on June 21, 2023, 11:34:26 PMHmm, if there's no fish, is it really a Spinosaurus?  ;)
Isn't Spinosaurus a bony-fish already  ;)

Ah, I see you've learned the 'birds are dinosaurs' lesson well.

FWIW, there are hundreds, maybe thousands, of Wikipedia articles on prehistoric life that have no illustrations at all.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: