News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions

Started by DinoToyForum, July 28, 2018, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdanter

You don't often find Yolanda dinosaurs in the UK! Very pleased to have added a different colourway Stegosaurus and a second Brachiosaurus to my collection. Both in immaculate condition.

Also, this unidentified German premium from a job lot box of 1950's Wagner figures.

SidB

My latest order from Lana just arrived in the mail, seemed like forever in transit, but it was only three weeks. Guess that I was excited about its arrival - the HLG Dacentrurus:

Her orange theme matches well with the colorful PNSO Miragaia, accompanied with the mini.

A few neighbors

Comparisons with the Battat Dacentrurus

Note that I've removed the scapular spikes on one of the Battats - after all, their presence is a controversial point.

Fembrogon

THEY'RE HERE - my wave 2 pledged tyrannosaurs are here!!

I am so utterly pleased right now. I've already unboxed them, but I'm still getting the hang of the different joints. They're as beautiful as I could have hoped for, however!

Faelrin

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Congrats on getting those. I definitely want to pick those up next year.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Concavenator

avatar_Fembrogon @Fembrogon Congrats!! Ugh... That Dryptosaurus is terribly tempting...  :-[

Sim

I've recently acquired the following:

1. CollectA Kentrosaurus.  It's amazing.  The only thing I think could be inaccurate about it is that it has all five fingers with a claw painted on.  This figure is so good, I love it!  I'm glad Haolonggood didn't make a Kentrosaurus as CollectA's is perfect for me.  It's actually in 1:35 scale!  I wasn't sure how it would be in person, it has exceeded my expectations.  avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator and avatar_Quiversaurus @Quiversaurus I know you were interested in a Kentrosaurus, I highly recommend CollectA's!

2. Safari Dracorex.  I had a Pachycephalosaurus and a Stygimoloch and I wanted a Dracorex too, following my recent interest in pachycephalosaurians.  After seeing the Safari Dracorex recommended, I gave it a try and I was pleasantly surprised by it.  It doesn't seem to suffer from too-big feet like the Safari Acrocanthosaurus and Ceratosaurus from the same year and it's nice to see it have torso and tail width like Homalocephale.  When Safari's 2012 figures were released, I got the Cerato and Acro immediately, now I've let go of those two due to their too-big feet and the one I'm keeping is the Dracorex, which I initially had no interest in.  I hope Safari remakes Ceratosaurus.

3. BotM Buitreraptor with wetlands environment.  I was shocked when I opened its box because one of the Buitreraptor's arms was detached, but it wasn't difficult to put it back together.  Its snout was also warped but with some pressure I've straightened it.  I'm happy to have a Buitreraptor now!

4. BotM Microraptor with forest environment.  The iridescence is nicely done on this Microraptor figure.  I have two Microraptor figures now.

5. CollectA Gigantspinosaurus.  I decided to get this and it was another one that surprised me pleasantly!  It's a very nice figure.  Concavenator, I remember you expressed interest in a Gigantspinosaurus figure too, I recommend CollectA's!

6. CollectA Fukuisaurus.  I recently gained an interest in Fukuisaurus, and CollectA's has turned out to be another figure from them I like quite a lot now that I have it!

7. CollectA deluxe Parasaurolophus.  I've been wanting a Parasaurolophus and I recently realised that out of all the options for it, the CollectA deluxe version might be the Para I've been wanting.  I gave it a try and the first thing I noticed when the box containing it arrived was that its tail was poking out of the box!  It didn't seem to have sustained much, if any, damage and... I'm very happy with it!  It's huge and heavy!  Now that I have a Parasaurolophus, I only need a Spinosaurus to have all of the "main" dinosaurs I need.  Since I have a Tyrannosaurus (PNSO Cameron), Triceratops (PNSO new Doyle), Stegosaurus (Safari 2019 and PNSO museum series), Allosaurus (Safari 2019 and PNSO Paul), Ankylosaurus (PNSO Sede), Diplodocus (Eofauna), Apatosaurus (Haolonggood), Velociraptor mongoliensis (Safari 2017, BotM 1:18), Pachycephalosaurus (PNSO), Iguanodon (CollectA deluxe) and now Parasaurolophus (CollectA deluxe).  The only ones missing are Brachiosaurus/Giraffatitan which I have no interest in and to be satisfied with one I would want it big and I probably wouldn't have room for it, Brontosaurus  which I would be interested in a big one, but I already have an Apatosaurus so I don't need a Brontosaurus, and Spinosaurus which I'm hoping PNSO will make in 1:35 scale for an adult.

8. Safari Citipati.  Finally I have it!  It's beautiful.  Safari and BotM have been making such wonderful feathered dinosaur figures.

9. The last one is a figure I had in my collection before, then tried to sell it, and now I want in my collection again.  It's the PNSO Chungkingosaurus that came with the Yangchuanosaurus.  I'm happy to have it now and I'm glad I didn't sell it!

Concavenator

avatar_Sim @Sim that's an impressive batch you got there, congrats! Glad that you were able to get the Safari Citipati before it's too late, too...

Also, thank you for your recommendations! I'm not very fond of CollectA's Kentrosaurus, I think I'd prefer going with the upcoming Creative Beast one, even though it will be bigger and articulated. That Kentrosaurus is from 2010, so who knows, maybe CollectA will bring us a new version. I would still love to see a new Kentrosaurus from some other company, like PNSO or Eofauna, if Haolonggood won't be making it after all. However, I had already included the CollectA Gigantspinosaurus in my wishlist! Very interesting stegosaur, and CollectA did a nice job with it.

Sim

Thanks!  It's really sad Safari is retiring so many excellent figures.  The Citipati is just brilliant, it's easily the best oviraptorid model.  It's such a weird world where it is getting retired while the awful Papo Oviraptor stays in production.  It's not just the Citipati though, others like the Safari Qianzhousaurus and Diabloceratops, which I'm glad you were able to get, are outstanding models too.

SidB

A little package at my door this mornimg - out came this very small, but classic Invicta, monochromatic in all its unique retro simplicity:

Scelidosaurus

Ikessauro

Just realized I had not included this little dude in my last post. Got it a few weeks ago. This was a little diorama shot for a thumbnail of the review on my Youtube Channel.
Lufengosaurus from the Beijing Museum

Flaffy

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 28, 2023, 03:45:29 AMJust realized I had not included this little dude in my last post. Got it a few weeks ago. This was a little diorama shot for a thumbnail of the review on my Youtube Channel.
Lufengosaurus from the Beijing Museum

I was wondering if any DTF members managed to get their hands on one since it's reveal. Looking forward to more pics!

Where did you get your copy? And what type of plastic is it?

Quiversaurus

avatar_Sim @Sim Thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely consider this Kentrosaurus! I had dismissed it previously but I think I should give it another look. It gives me hope that 1:35 Kentrosauruses are still viable as a model, and are not too small to mass produce.

ceratopsian

Congratulations avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro!  I never found a way to get hold of one. I'm intrigued to find out how you managed to track it down.

Ikessauro

Quote from: ceratopsian on August 28, 2023, 12:12:35 PMCongratulations avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro!  I never found a way to get hold of one. I'm intrigued to find out how you managed to track it down.

It was by chance. I had someone from  Hong Kong contacting me out of the blue to ask me a favor, to help him buy something from Brazil he didn't have access to. I did help him and in return he helped me get this Lufengosaurus.

SidB

An expected package in my mailbox today, the HLG Allosaurus. I really hesitated for several weeks before pulling the trigger on this one. You'll know why, if you've read the negative comments in the HLG 2023 thread. Nevertheless, here it is, with a bunch of comparison shots for good measure.

The HLG in dorsal view in comparison to the Wild Safari and PNSO Allosaurus'

In comparison to Favorite's 2013 Allosaurus by Araki

Heads up- our HLG vs. the PNSO

The HLG vs. the Wild Safari

The HLG vs. the 2013 Favorite (color variant)

ceratopsian

That was a stroke of luck avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro. Well done!

Quote from: Ikessauro on August 29, 2023, 12:42:45 AM
Quote from: ceratopsian on August 28, 2023, 12:12:35 PMCongratulations avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro!  I never found a way to get hold of one. I'm intrigued to find out how you managed to track it down.

It was by chance. I had someone from  Hong Kong contacting me out of the blue to ask me a favor, to help him buy something from Brazil he didn't have access to. I did help him and in return he helped me get this Lufengosaurus.

Libraraptor

Quote from: SidB on August 28, 2023, 03:39:44 AMA little package at my door this mornimg - out came this very small, but classic Invicta, monochromatic in all its unique retro simplicity:

Scelidosaurus

In times in which we are spoilt with overdoses of highly accurate models and figurines, in times in which we even can afford to lead pointless discussions about accuracy and which one is the greatest version and which company is the coolest, something like this will always warm my heart. ^-^

SidB

Three days, three packages in a row, but this was a bit special - a DHL delivery from Japan to Toronto in under a week! I held off purchasing these two 2022 offerings by Favorite of Japan, but since I'm in the process of displaying my Favorite collection on my collection thread, I thought - why not? 

The Dilophosaurus. To my pleasant surprise, he's been given a covering of brown feathers on his back, to go along with the display ones on his arms.

The Therizinosaurus. Note the clear rod which is inserted into its chest and the base below. Favorite has experienced plenty of problems getting their theropods to stand on their associated bases, but these two succeed, the Theri with its rod and underfoot disc insert and the Dilopho with the insert alone.

I've got to admit that the choice of coloring for the feathers on its back is quite odd - reminds me of my old shag rug back in the day. But Favorite does this sort of thing periodically, part of its charm I guess.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Congrats S @SidB ! Your impressive Favorite Collection keeps on growing ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: