News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jose S.M.

I will probably start getting the 2018's until... Well 2018  :)) I'm going to get the 2017 figures I still haven't gotten first, then the whole next year fit what's to come. But I'm getting anxious to know what the sauropods and ceratopsian are.

Takama

Quote from: John on October 18, 2017, 06:13:56 PM
Quote from: Takama on October 18, 2017, 05:44:29 PM
Quote from: Sim on October 18, 2017, 12:01:28 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 17, 2017, 03:33:27 PM
I expect it to be a large titanosaur such as argentinosaurus, ultrasaurus or supersaurus not a small one like rapetosaurus or saltasaurus to scale with brachiosaurus and diplodocus of the same brand. It would be great.  :)

Supersaurus isn't a titanosaur, it's a diplodocoid.  Ultrasaurus is an invalid genus, and it's the name given to a "small" sauropod.  Ultrasauros (note the "o" at the end of the name) was a chimera based on remains of Supersaurus and Brachiosaurus, although since the name is based on a Supersaurus bone it's now just an invalid junior synonym of Supersaurus.  The appearance of Argentinosaurus is unknown, so it would be a poor choice to make into a figure.

Thank you for saying it.

I honestly think the titanosaur is malawisaurus since it at least has a skull.  But for some reason everyone assumes its the biggest species out there.
Here's something to make your head explode:what if the model was only labeled as "big dinosaur" when revealed?  >:D

I rather just accept Titanosaur.

John

Quote from: Takama on October 18, 2017, 09:42:02 PM
Quote from: John on October 18, 2017, 06:13:56 PM
Quote from: Takama on October 18, 2017, 05:44:29 PM
Quote from: Sim on October 18, 2017, 12:01:28 AM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on October 17, 2017, 03:33:27 PM
I expect it to be a large titanosaur such as argentinosaurus, ultrasaurus or supersaurus not a small one like rapetosaurus or saltasaurus to scale with brachiosaurus and diplodocus of the same brand. It would be great.  :)

Supersaurus isn't a titanosaur, it's a diplodocoid.  Ultrasaurus is an invalid genus, and it's the name given to a "small" sauropod.  Ultrasauros (note the "o" at the end of the name) was a chimera based on remains of Supersaurus and Brachiosaurus, although since the name is based on a Supersaurus bone it's now just an invalid junior synonym of Supersaurus.  The appearance of Argentinosaurus is unknown, so it would be a poor choice to make into a figure.

Thank you for saying it.

I honestly think the titanosaur is malawisaurus since it at least has a skull.  But for some reason everyone assumes its the biggest species out there.
Here's something to make your head explode:what if the model was only labeled as "big dinosaur" when revealed?  >:D

I rather just accept Titanosaur.
When looking at titanosaurids of any size,not just the absolute biggest,I notice most of the few known titanosaurid skulls look a lot like that of Nemegtosaurus,so if it was Argentinosaurus like I initially thought,that's likely the shape they would have given it's head (as Patagotitan is reconstructed with). But the profile of the heads in the silhouettes in the magazine ad match closely with the more box-like skull of Malawisaurus,so you may be onto something with it's identification.You can even see the outline of some of it's bony osteoderms running down along it's back if you look closely.  :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Reptilia

All this speculation regarding the genus could end if only Safari would do their job and reveal a dinosaur. But I'm sure next will be Ankylosaurus, which is a dinosaur, but one we've seen already.

John

Quote from: Reptilia on October 18, 2017, 11:01:46 PM
All this speculation regarding the genus could end if only Safari would do their job and reveal a dinosaur. But I'm sure next will be Ankylosaurus, which is a dinosaur, but one we've seen already.
I look at it this way,even if it is just the Ankylosaurus in the next wave,it will still be available to get from somewhere reputable,rather than just relying on a Chinese site that may or may not deliver what is paid for. ;D
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Concavenator

It's almost November yet they haven't revealed any dinosaur.Well... ::) I wonder why?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Concavenator on October 19, 2017, 07:12:54 PM
It's almost November yet they haven't revealed any dinosaur.Well... ::) I wonder why?

I get the impression that there are going to be very nice surprises on the part of Safari in regards to dinosaurs and prehistoric and extinct animals (for example thylacine). That I believe is the reason they are delaying the disclosure of news.

Must be very good figures never seen in the Safari brand.

Neosodon

Saving the best for last. :D

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Neosodon on October 19, 2017, 08:13:54 PM
Saving the best for last. :D

Certainly the best is yet to come. "To open the mouth" I bought the mastodon americanum (mamut americanum) to a US eBay company and that I have in my power today and I can say that a beauty is a work of art. And that is not dinosaur is only a prehistoric animal, recent prehistoric mammal.  8)

Just have to figure out what new figures will make this great company and that "secrets" will have saved in his 2018 production Doug Watson this year. I think it's going to be even a better year in the production of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals by Safari.  :D

If the beginning is a daeodon, mastodon and an ankylosaurus (besides a size that I like) what new surprises will surprise us both Safari and the rest of the brands of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals? I am overwhelmed with emotion and joy. We are going to take as every year more of a pleasant surprise for both Safari (which I venerate next to Collecta) and the rest of the dinosaur companies. Even Schleich despite criticism (I understand this year unfair) has made to my humble judgment the best figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals in their almost twenty years of marketing when they started with the Berlin Humbold.

I understand that Safari as a leading company of dinosaur toys will make dinosaurs and prehistoric animals very nice and beautiful. The best is yet to come and this is just the beginning. I understand that we are going to take many pleasant surprises next year from almost all traditional and avant-garde toy dinosaur companies (I repeat).  :)

Reptilia

When did Safari show their last batch of figures, two weeks ago?

Faelrin

Quote from: Reptilia on October 20, 2017, 02:21:18 AM
When did Safari show their last batch of figures, two weeks ago?
Yep. They have a few more figures left to reveal, so I'm guessing either Sunday or Monday for when more figures are revealed. It seems to be a biweekly thing so far.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

If so I'm guessing the prehistorics won't be as much as last year, otherwise with such timing they'd end revealing figures well in january or february.

tanystropheus

Please make an Edaphosaurus. It's so prominent in paleoart.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

sauroid

thats one of the best Amargasaurus figures ive ever seen.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

And an Anzu!
https://www.safariltd.com/anzu-wyliei

I'm definately getting the Anzu, but probably not the Amargasaurus, looks very good but I don't like the paint scheme of the head that much and it's very big, I prefer my small sauropods small, so I'm pleased with the Carnegie for now.

Gwangi

Oh wow, the Anzu is fantastic. A good year for oviraptors I dare say, between Safari and Schleich. The Amargasaurus is welcome as well, a favorite sauropod of mine. I love the Carnegie model but never bothered with the CollectA.

CMIPalaeo

Two great dinosaurs! I loved the Carnegie Amargasaurus but this one is even better! It's more realistic, with the lack of a sail. It's got a convincing heft to it without looking fat, which must be a bit tricky to sculpt. Sauropods were huge but many of them were surprisingly graceful in overall form. The Anzu also looks excellent, I have been wondering why nobody has made one yet, but here it is in all its glory!
Once a man is tired of dinosaurs, he is tired of life; for there is in a dinosaur all that life can afford.

paintingdinos

Wow, really love the new Anzu! I like most of Safari's stuff, but this may be a new favorite.

sauroid

both great as usual. nothing to nitpick about those two.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: