You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

David Silva's Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series - WAVE TWO SHIPPING!

Started by LeapingLaelaps, May 29, 2018, 12:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

That medusaceratops is super cool! It has to be on the shelves in my collection. Superb review and superb figure!

S @Smilodon P. Thanks for the link to that video.

Volgadraco

Hi, does anybody know how long the preorder of the figure is going to last?

Faelrin

avatar_Volgadraco @Volgadraco There are three waves. It depends on the figure(s) you are interested in. Wave 1 is expected to go in stock next month, and the pre-order prices will be increased to their msrp value (I think). Wave 2 is expected to go in stock March 2021 and Wave 3 is not expected to go in stock until September 2021, give or take how long development for those go. Wave 2 already has test shots on their way to David to test them out now.

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Volgadraco

Quote from: Faelrin on October 22, 2020, 09:24:02 PM
avatar_Volgadraco @Volgadraco There are three waves. It depends on the figure(s) you are interested in. Wave 1 is expected to go in stock next month, and the pre-order prices will be increased to their msrp value (I think). Wave 2 is expected to go in stock March 2021 and Wave 3 is not expected to go in stock until September 2021, give or take how long development for those go. Wave 2 already has test shots on their way to David to test them out now.

Thank you, I'm interested in subadult Triceratops, it's the first wave if I'm not mistaken.

Shonisaurus

I honestly like the rarest ceratopsids on the market for the three wave collectors and at the same time the least valued by the vast part of the general public. In this case I will buy the medusaceratops, the kosmoceratops, albertoceratops, zuniceratops, diabloceratops. Triceratops, torosaurus, pentaceratops, psittacosaurus, protoceratops, and pachyrhinosaurus can all wait for now.

Sarapaurolophus

That Medusaceratops looks striking in hand. It's one I have the hardest time resisting. We'll see how my "only one from each BotM series" rule goes (probably in the trash once more reviews will be popping up, lol)...

Shonisaurus

Of the second wave, the one that is most interesting to me is the kosmoceratops.

Kosmoceratops, zuniceratops, chasmosaurus and medusaceratops are going to be probable purchases for my collection by this great brand.

Faelrin

A bit late to sharing this stuff, so sorry about that.

There's a new update on the kickstarter showcasing some things that have been posted about on the various Creative Beast Studio social media sites.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creativebeast/beasts-of-the-mesozoic-ceratopsian-series-action-figures/posts/3007028

One of those being that the first wave of figures should begin by shipping by the end of this month hopefully.

The next thing of worth discussing (and this is what I've been so behind on sharing) is that the Psittacosaurus will have a base after all, as some samples had issues with stability. The base and parts for it will be in a separate bag shipped alongside the package.

Additionally test shots have been made of the smaller Wave 2 ceratopsians, with more to follow:

Some other stuff of interest in the kickstarter update, so I advise checking it out if one has yet to do so, but these are probably the most important things to highlight I guess.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Shonisaurus

Diabloceratops is becoming a popular ceratopsid in the world of toy dinosaurs by being a paleontological newcomer.

On the other hand, the BoTM diabloceratops is an articulated version of that exceptional ceratopside with a terrible name as are a considerable part of dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals. Its coloring is very beautiful.

Halichoeres

This is probably wishful thinking, but if the Psittacosaurus and Protoceratops are being made in 1:18, I wonder if that opens the door to any of the other smaller or more basal genera to be included at that scale. It would require smaller and fewer molds than the 1:6 versions would have. I'm still sad that Udanoceratops, Cerasinops, etc., got axed.

On the other hand, the new dragon series probably means a long hiatus of new dinosaur products after the tyrannosaur series.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DragonRider02

Anyone knows when ED is expecting to get first wave of Ceratopsians in stock?

LeapingLaelaps

David has posted a new Kickstarter update today! Here's some of the most important information:

"I wanted to send out a quick heads-up to let you all know that the Wave 1 Ceratopsian shipment has arrived at the warehouse and we're planning to begin shipping orders out on Monday, Nov. 23rd!

Everything Dinosaur Fulfillment Update
There have been transport delays to the UK lately so Everything Dinosaur has updated me that their fulfillment is expected to be about a week behind the previous estimate of Nov. 23rd. However they are still hoping to begin shipping to the UK and EU backers by the end of this month.

Last Call for Address and Product edits
If you need to edit your address or have any other concerns regarding your Wave 1 order, now is the time to make those changes. Please private message me if you need me to assist with any last-minute adjustments to your order. I will also be sending out a mass private message reminder about this as well. All Wave 1 shipments will be final as of Monday morning, Nov. 23rd.

The Wave 1 BackerKit preorder will end as of Monday, Nov. 23rd, so this is the final weekend to take advantage of the pre-order pricing. After this, wave 1 items will be available at the regular retail price at the creative-beast.com shop. (Please note that since these are new items, they will not be eligible for the upcoming creative-beast.com Black Friday/ Cyber Weekend promotion.) Waves 2 and 3 will remain on the BackerKit preorder store until they are in-stock next year."

Thank you all for keeping this thread updated with information and photographs while I've been absent. We got two puppies so I've been VERY busy with them ::)

Flaffy

"As many of you know, wave 1 of the Beasts of the Mesozoic: Ceratopsian Series is now shipping! But if you haven't received an email confirmation yet, please don't worry as there are well over a thousand orders to get out right now, so some will likely have to ship after the Thanksgiving holiday. In the meantime, I have some new festive wave 2 test shot photos for you straight from the factory. These include a first look at the larger 'body 4' figures!"

I wonder what's behind the mystery question mark in pic 3 :o.
Personally hoping for a 1/35 Torosaurus. or any species that was previously cut from the lineup

Halichoeres

Interesting. If it were a Torosaurus, I'd have mixed feelings, since a 1/35 version is ideal, but also I already shelled out for the 1/18 version in my pledge.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mellow Stego

Has anyone gotten their order yet? I'm starting to see them pop up on facebook.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

paintingdinos

I didn't want to bog down the recent acquisitions thread with these, but I'm really, really happy with them.

And a repost of the Proto for good measure:

When the color schemes were announced for many of these, I'll admit I thought they were a but garish (a trend lately for me).  Don't get me wrong, sometimes I love a super vibrant, loud color scheme... but almost all of the Ceratopsians were like this and it was a little bit of a bummer for me personally, as I like more muted earth tones. BUT. Seeing them in hand, I will say they look really nice.

Even the Styracosaurus, which is my favorite dinosaur and the one I was the most suspicious of color-wise, looks really nice and actually does a perfectly acceptable job of blending into its surrounding in my (admitedly very amateur) photographs.

I only have a few critiques:
-The jaw for the Protoceratops is VERY tight. I've been messing with it for a while now and it still wont budge, and I'm honestly afraid of getting too rough with it. Running it under hot water I'm sure will help, but this thing is like concrete as of posting this. The others all moved smoothly after a little but of coaxing.

-They balance perfectly fine of course, but its hard to find a position where all 4 limbs are flush with the floor. There always seems to be some hovering no mater what I do, so I'll have to keep playing around with them to see if that can be worked around. Especially noticeable on the Protoceratops.

-The lower jaw of the Styracosaurus was popped out from under the upper right out of the box. Took some coaxing but was able to get it into place without too much trouble and it looks perfect now, though it did scare me at first.

Dusty Wren

paintingdinos, thanks for posting photos! I was sort of worried about the paint job on the Styracosaurus, too, but he looks great in your pictures.

I haven't even gotten the confirmation email saying that mine have shipped yet, so it looks like I've still got some waiting to do.
Check out my customs thread!

Smilodon P.

Quote from: Flaffy on November 26, 2020, 01:37:06 AM
I wonder what's behind the mystery question mark in pic 3 :o.
Personally hoping for a 1/35 Torosaurus. or any species that was previously cut from the lineup

I believe it´s the 1/18th protoceratops and psittacosaurus models.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: