News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo - new for 2019

Started by Syndicate Bias, October 25, 2018, 04:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: dragon53 on January 27, 2019, 12:17:04 AM
DUNA:

Welcome to the forum.

When you see a Papo Gigantosaurus in that shop, please post it here.  ;)

I think it is taking for granted that Papo's giganotosaurus is going to be a revealed figure imminently and sincerely in this case I believe in those rumors as the saying goes "when the river sounds water it carries". I hope he is not wrong. Papo can make a magnificent giganotosaurus.

Reptilia

I probably said it already multiple times, but I always prefer Papo dynamic poses over boring ones from other companies. I see Papo figures as artistic renditions of extinct animals, those unusual poses are part of the charme, and I sincerely hope their Giganotosaurus will be as peculiar as other Papo models are. If you want a believable, scientifically accurate and neutrally posed Giganotosaurus just pick the Eofauna, which is phenomenal.

japfeif

Quote from: Brocc21 on January 25, 2019, 04:11:33 AM
Quote from: japfeif on January 07, 2019, 01:04:49 AM
....this would be a great chance for Papo to come out with a killer Spino (maybe take a gander at Schleich's new one!).
Some folks are wanting a new Triceratops sculpt, but personally I think the Ankylosaurus is more in need of an overhaul than the Trike!

Well the Papo spino isn't supposed to be accurate. It's a Jurassic Parck inspired figure.

Yes I know...that was what I meant....I generally have no problem with the JP-inspired Papo figs, but I just thought it would be cool to see a more accurate Spino since it is SO different than originally thought.

Concavenator

It has been so many years now that Papo is rumoured to release a Giganotosaurus , that I think we will be in 2030 and still there won't be a Giganotosaurus from Papo  ;D

Anyways, I am not interested in seeing a Giganotosaurus from them  :P It surely would have lots of inaccuracies and have a monster look rather than a real, living animal appearance.And if I end up getting the Eofauna version, and also bearing in mind that I own Forest Rogers' one for the Carnegie Collection ,there would be no reasons to pick it up.

Duna

Quote from: japfeif on January 27, 2019, 12:58:59 PM
Yes I know...that was what I meant....I generally have no problem with the JP-inspired Papo figs, but I just thought it would be cool to see a more accurate Spino since it is SO different than originally thought.
I think the same way, my Papo Spino is 12 years old. I'm thinking of buying the new 2019 Schleich spino, which I think looks great for that brand and more accurate. Or the Deluxe version from Collecta, which I like the head and the colour.

Concavenator

Quote from: Duna on January 27, 2019, 03:42:42 PM
I think the same way, my Papo Spino is 12 years old. I'm thinking of buying the new 2019 Schleich spino, which I think looks great for that brand and more accurate. Or the Deluxe version from Collecta, which I like the head and the colour.
The new Schleich Spinosaurus is very overrated.Just because Schleich puts out a relatively decent figure,it doesn't mean anything special.Personally, what I dislike about that figure is the color choice and how sloppy the paint job is.The sculpt looks fine.

However, the CollectA version is leagues ahead in my opinion.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Concavenator on January 28, 2019, 12:34:26 AM
The new Schleich Spinosaurus is very overrated.Just because Schleich puts out a relatively decent figure,it doesn't mean anything special.Personally, what I dislike about that figure is the color choice and how sloppy the paint job is.The sculpt looks fine.

The Rebor one and the PNSO one I think are the better ones. Don't know what paint job the grab n go spino will have or the PNSO one but I think Papo could do with their own more accurate take on the spino to compete with them

tanystropheus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on January 26, 2019, 06:21:24 PM
Fascinating story. You were this close to being one of the first ever people (possibly the first) to get this Pentaceratops. Welcome to the forum avatar_Duna @Duna

As a side note, the Gorgosaurus still has pronated hands, so it's still not worth it to me.

It's actually not pronated. It is in an in-between state, within the half-way point of pronation and supination. In other words, it will be very easy to fix (not that it needs fixing, it is in an acceptable range), leaving it in the icebox for a few hours.

tanystropheus

The new Schleich Spinosaurus is very overrated.

It looks good to me and very naturalistic. The only negative point is that the teeth could have been more refined.

Shonisaurus

Keep in mind that the three spinosaurus of Collecta Deluxe version and standard version were awarded as best figures by the prestigious figure of the Prehistoric Times, and are undoubtedly the best that has been made of spinosaurus. However, from my point of view Schleich's spinosaurus is a very well made figure with a proportionate size (I would have preferred it to a larger size) and it is without a doubt a very remarkable paleoartistic work.

The only thing that can be objected to from my point of view about the spinosaurus of Schleich 2019 is that it has blunt teeth, although I sincerely know that the brand does it to prevent children from suffering accidents. In general terms, he is an outstanding figure and sincerely Schleich is now taking up residence at the same level as the genius of other companies.

Going to the point, Papo can make an updated spinosaurus with the new scientific version based on pop art that equals or surpasses the rest of toy companies. Papo is a very hyperrealistic company and a spinosaurus and giganotosaurus on the part of this brand would be great.

Duna

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 28, 2019, 07:52:09 AM
Keep in mind that the three spinosaurus of Collecta Deluxe version and standard version were awarded as best figures by the prestigious figure of the Prehistoric Times, and are undoubtedly the best that has been made of spinosaurus. However, from my point of view Schleich's spinosaurus is a very well made figure with a proportionate size (I would have preferred it to a larger size) and it is without a doubt a very remarkable paleoartistic work.

The only thing that can be objected to from my point of view about the spinosaurus of Schleich 2019 is that it has blunt teeth, although I sincerely know that the brand does it to prevent children from suffering accidents. In general terms, he is an outstanding figure and sincerely Schleich is now taking up residence at the same level as the genius of other companies.

Going to the point, Papo can make an updated spinosaurus with the new scientific version based on pop art that equals or surpasses the rest of toy companies. Papo is a very hyperrealistic company and a spinosaurus and giganotosaurus on the part of this brand would be great.
I totally agree with you.

suspsy

A new quadrupedal Spinosaurus has just been revealed. Check the various dinosaur toy groups on Facebook.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

For those who dont use Facebook

Serieusly Papo   WHY IS IT LIMETED EDITION!!!!!! >:(

paintingdinos

What does limited edition mean in regards to Papo? Will it have limited distribution, or just be available for a limited amount of time? Both?

MLMjp

That´s it. I found the perfect Spinosaurus....

WHAT?!
LIMITED EDITION? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN??  :-\

PhilSauria

Quite the year for multiple versions of some species, with Carnotaurus, Giganotosaurus and old Spino just a few that spring to mind.

Agreed - what's with the Limited Edition?! That thing looks awesome! I'll certainly be trying to reserve one with our local supplier. Don't have Papo's original Spinosaurus (only a Chinasaur copy, brought back when I was just starting out getting into collecting for the modern era, so don't judge me) but this is the one for me.

Shonisaurus

What a beauty of spinosaurus on Papo's part! It is the best I have seen in these years even exceeds that of other brands. At first glance it has an excellent look. This is an example in which it is shown that Papo makes scientific dinosaur figures not based on pop art.

I would pay for this limited edition spinosaurus. Where can I buy this figure? I would give my life for him. It is the best of all brands. It is awesome It's cool to the core. Score 10 out of 10 and because I can not put more.

Brocc21

"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

tanystropheus

Quote from: paintingdinos on January 31, 2019, 09:21:02 PM
What does limited edition mean in regards to Papo? Will it have limited distribution, or just be available for a limited amount of time? Both?

Who would have known that Papo would release a Spinosaurus that is superior to that WS, REBOR, PNSO, CollectA, Favorite and Schleich....where are the haters now.

Damn, look at the teeth. Even the sail texture is done masterfully...

Faelrin

Dang this is one heck of a year for Spinosaurus (and others, in the case of CollectA's Baryonyx, if not others I've missed). Now Papo has a new one too. It's going to be so hard to choose one now. In an ideal situation I'd get all of them. The Limited Edition on this one is kind of worrisome though. I'm hoping I can get a shot at getting this one. In any case it'll be interesting to see which of these (this one, Schleich's, or Safari Ltd's. I know Rebor has one in the works too, but I'm not sure if it should be counted among these since it isn't a toy), is the most accurate.

I also don't know why they don't just have that poor Pentaceratops on all fours. It's feet clearly look sculpted to do just that.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: