You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor Deinosuchus hatcheri 'Meta' w/ Appalachiosaurus montgomeriensis prey

Started by GojiraGuy1954, February 18, 2022, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

SenSx

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on January 02, 2023, 08:49:04 PM
Quote from: SenSx on January 02, 2023, 04:33:11 PMYes it is alwready available in asia, for a crazy price on Aliexpress (double than Europe and US), I wonder why Rebor products are so expansive there...
I'm happy it is finally happening after all these years of wainting.

I hope they make a Purusaurus after the Sarcosuchus, because why not ?

Cus people who sell REBOR product on Aliexpress are scalpers! We don't know any of them and they certainly didn't order from us, they don't even have physical stores or warehouses, when someone orders something at their store they just buy a copy from one of our sellers in China and ship it to the customer. Their listing prices are crazy expensive cus it's REBOR SRPs times 2 + shipping, makes you wonder why people buy anything from them at all. The listing prices of our products around the world are roughly the by the way.

There will be a Purussaurus,a Postosuchus and a Barinasuchus. We've decided to name our Purussaurus "L" by the way so the Deinosuchus, Purussaurus and Sarcosuchus trio is going to be "Meta"+"L"+"Lica". METALLICA!!! >:D

Oh my, that's some news thanks !
I did not even know about the Barinasuchus, and now I want it.

Flaffy

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on January 02, 2023, 08:49:04 PMThere will be a Purussaurus,a Postosuchus and a Barinasuchus.

Cool. I'll beleive it when I see it. Who knows if any or all of them will turn out like Lonesome George :-\

SidB

Quote from: Flaffy on January 03, 2023, 01:11:14 PM
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on January 02, 2023, 08:49:04 PMThere will be a Purussaurus,a Postosuchus and a Barinasuchus.

Cool. I'll beleive it when I see it. Who knows if any or all of them will turn out like Lonesome George :-\
Myself, I'd like to see a full, 1/35 scale Appalachiosaurus. Not holding my breath though.

Concavenator

Hopefully the Postosuchus will be a worthy and updated successor of the beautiful but now outdated Safari figure. It should look like this:

If that's the case, I think it will be the first updated figure of the species? And I believe the Barinasuchus and Purussaurus will be the first figures of said animals in the market.

Thialfi

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on January 02, 2023, 08:49:04 PM
Quote from: SenSx on January 02, 2023, 04:33:11 PMYes it is alwready available in asia, for a crazy price on Aliexpress (double than Europe and US), I wonder why Rebor products are so expansive there...
I'm happy it is finally happening after all these years of wainting.

I hope they make a Purusaurus after the Sarcosuchus, because why not ?

Cus people who sell REBOR product on Aliexpress are scalpers! We don't know any of them and they certainly didn't order from us, they don't even have physical stores or warehouses, when someone orders something at their store they just buy a copy from one of our sellers in China and ship it to the customer. Their listing prices are crazy expensive cus it's REBOR SRPs times 2 + shipping, makes you wonder why people buy anything from them at all. The listing prices of our products around the world are roughly the by the way.

There will be a Purussaurus,a Postosuchus and a Barinasuchus. We've decided to name our Purussaurus "L" by the way so the Deinosuchus, Purussaurus and Sarcosuchus trio is going to be "Meta"+"L"+"Lica". METALLICA!!! >:D
Woooow, great news on the Postosuchus and Barinasuchus!

Lynx

I'm gonna be honest, I find myself liking the swamp variant a lot more than Meta. If I want a figure that's going to stand out on the shelf in an imposing but natural way, I think Swamp is gonna be my way to go.

As for mild criticism, The pose feels a little dull and I feel like more could be done with it, but I'm a bit of an awesomebro, so take what I say with a pinch of salt.

While it's not exactly exciting to me, I find it natural and would be good for dioramas. The basic pose allows it also to be easily displayed and not take up too much space (like Mattel figures, which have a "boring" pose but it makes those toys easy to display side-by-side and children still love them).
An oversized house cat.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I had a hard time deciding between varients ended going with Meta as it looked more like it's contemporary counterpart in similar regions. And I can always get the Sarcosuchus in the other coloration.

An attacking version would be nice too. This one just seems like it's taking it easy by the shore, getting a snack, no big deal.

dragon53

REBOR STUDIO:

Do you have a release date  and concept art for the Postosuchus?

Faelrin

I would be interested in at least a new Postosuchus. Been long overdue for a up to date bipedal one at this point. It's the one I am the most interested in the three. This paper also has a good breakdown of the material, including osteoderms. Not entirely sure if there are any reconstructions or skeletals from a top down view, which would help with showing placement, other then the side profiles frequently done. Anyone know of any?

Barinasuchus might have been the largest terrestrial Cenozoic carnivore. Unfortunately it is only known from a partial skull:

I'd have to do some research, as I'm not familiar with the group (Sebecidae) its from as a whole, and what proportions it may have had. Perhaps it is up to interpretation? Folks, please chime in if you do have a better idea.

From what I know is also incomplete, only known from skull material, and I think its size estimate was downsized in a recent paper. It did come from an interesting ecosystem, whose fauna have been neglected on the figure market for quite some time.

I forgot did the Sarcosuchus get a redesign as well? I wonder when that one will be finished and released. I'm not as hard pressed for it now that the Safari Ltd figure is a thing, like I was years prior, but at this point it is like the new King Trident I suppose, in that folks have been wanting and waiting for it for many years now.

That said Rebor also has a history of announcing things and then never doing them (Styracosaurus, Parasaurolophus), or finishing/releasing them (Lonesome George), so I take all these with a grain of salt, until they get painted prototypes and/or imminent pre-orders (BBTS, Everything Dinosaur, etc). I'm just expressing interest in case these do actually get somewhere.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Faelrin

Edit: Had the wrong poster oops. Was tired and looking at another thread.

avatar_Over9K @Over9K Thanks for posting those. Totally did forget they had updated it as well, because I do recall that Nigersaurus prey. I agree with avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 that a new thread might be a good way to bring attention to them.

I also wonder how this will compare to the Safari Ltd one, and what the colorations will be.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

SenSx

Quote from: Faelrin on January 05, 2023, 04:49:52 PM
@SRF Thanks for posting those. Totally did forget they had updated it as well, because I do recall that Nigersaurus prey. I agree with avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 that a new thread might be a good way to bring attention to them.
I also wonder how this will compare to the Safari Ltd one, and what the colorations will be.

Yes, as much as I am delighted to see the Deinosuchus making it, I don't know if I'll grab the Sarcosuchus.
It will likely have the same huge size, and I'm alwready in love with the Safari Sarcosuchus, I think that is my favorite Safari figure ever.

Flaffy

Not a fan of how they painted the teeth. The execution makes the teeth look like glue, and feels rather sloppy especially how it gets between the gaps of the teeth.

Hope they improve the execution on the Sarcosuchus.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I never thought i would be interested in a croc Figure, but i really like the Sarcosuchus so far. The Deinosuchus is not that interesting to me. But i really would need to update my Sarcosuchus Information. I can't tell for sure how accurate this Rebor rendition will be.

SidB

Quote from: SenSx on January 05, 2023, 05:04:58 PM
@SRF Thanks for posting those. Totally did forget they had updated it as well, because I do recall that Nigersaurus prey. I agree with avatar_GojiraGuy1954 @GojiraGuy1954 that a new thread might be a good way to bring attention to them.

Yes, as much as I am delighted to see the Deinosuchus making it, I don't know if I'll grab the Sarcosuchus.
It will likely have the same huge size, and I'm alwready in love with the Safari Sarcosuchus, I think that is my favorite Safari figure ever.

You're not alone, I also am leaning towards my Safari Sarcosuchus, a very fine figure. I was rather hyped about the Deinosuchus, but the 1/22-23 scale size is making me waver now, as it could be problematic with my generally 1/35 or so collection. Will have to think about it.

Kapitaenosavrvs

Quote from: SidB on January 06, 2023, 01:24:19 AM

You're not alone, I also am leaning towards my Safari Sarcosuchus, a very fine figure. I was rather hyped about the Deinosuchus, but the 1/22-23 scale size is making me waver now, as it could be problematic with my generally 1/35 or so collection. Will have to think about it.

I totally forgot about tha Safari Sarcosuchus. Sadly, this is the way better Option for me. Thanks for reminding.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: