News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Thialfi on April 27, 2023, 04:04:18 PM

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Paleofiguras

ok that is awesome, can u do a photo putting it next to the pnso torosaurus ( so just the two´, im fascinated how close they are.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: TheImmortalEye on April 28, 2023, 07:24:44 AM

ok that is awesome, can u do a photo putting it next to the pnso torosaurus ( so just the two´, im fascinated how close they are.

Quiversaurus

Man this guy looks so good... More pictures please!

(Waiting also for the scale calculations based on skull length)

Thialfi

avatar_TheImmortalEye @TheImmortalEye avatar_Quiversaurus @quiversaurus these aren't my pictures, I found them on Facebook!

BrontoScorpio

What is the big Diabloceratops at the background ?

SidB

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

According to Paleofiguras on Facebook, Haolonggood's 5th release for 2023 will be a "big guy". And remember that list saying they had a sauropod in their plans...

I think this is the Baidu post they're coming from:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8386377475

Bread

Interesting... I am hoping for some sort of titanosaur. One that is not fragmentary of course.

TooOldForDinosaurs

Can't wait. Any new species will be exciting!  ^-^

ItsTwentyBelow

Just hoping whatever is released is in a more accurate 1:35 scale...

SidB

I'm guessing that any good-sized sauropod would be more likely to be in a 1/35 scale, simply because larger scales would start to get really BIG, hence expensive to ship.

Fembrogon

Yeah, the Dicraeosaurus is 1:35 precisely and is quite the lengthy figure already. A 1:35 figure for a genus like, say, Paralititan, could end up truly gigantic.

Sim

Quote from: Bread on April 29, 2023, 03:05:28 AMInteresting... I am hoping for some sort of titanosaur. One that is not fragmentary of course.

As far as I'm aware, the only titanosaur that isn't fragmentary is Malawisaurus, which has been made into a good figure already.  The rest as far as I can remember are just boring fragmentary species.

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Sim on April 29, 2023, 08:27:00 PM
Quote from: Bread on April 29, 2023, 03:05:28 AMInteresting... I am hoping for some sort of titanosaur. One that is not fragmentary of course.

As far as I'm aware, the only titanosaur that isn't fragmentary is Malawisaurus, which has been made into a good figure already.  The rest as far as I can remember are just boring fragmentary species.
Opisthocoelicaudia and Neuquensaurus are pretty well known off the top of my head

Sim

I had never heard of Neuquensaurus, is its skull known?  Opisthocoelicaudia's skull and neck aren't known, so I don't think it would be a good choice for a figure.  I forgot about Rapetosaurus though, it is highly complete if I'm remembering right.

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: Sim on April 30, 2023, 04:37:10 PMI had never heard of Neuquensaurus, is its skull known?  Opisthocoelicaudia's skull and neck aren't known, so I don't think it would be a good choice for a figure.  I forgot about Rapetosaurus though, it is highly complete if I'm remembering right.
Neuquensaurus doesn't have a skull, but Nemegtosaurus does and it may be synonymous with Opisthocoelicaudia from what I've heard. At the very least they're definitely related

Halichoeres

For my part, there are titanosaurs that are not completely known but still interesting, such as Ampelosaurus with its funky armor. Sauropod skulls are very difficult to come by, compared to other animals, and also contribute less to overall gestalt, so I also wouldn't consider a missing skull disqualifying.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

We don't even have the skull of Patagotitan, which is otherwise generally well represented as we have several individuals.  For my part I'll almost certainly be happy with whatever sauropod they settle on, provided the fossil remains are reasonable.  The main thing for me is that they choose an animal that is not huge because of the implications for (1) shelf space and (2) cost. And I guess I really want an animal that isn't readily available in model form.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: