You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recent Acquisitions (Archive, March 2012 - July 2018)

Started by Himmapaan, March 13, 2012, 05:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Firestreak is my personal favourite, tyrantqueen, but I have to be objective. He comes in a very close second after Skyshadow. But he gets to live on the bedroom dresser instead of in storage, so he's not upset. :)
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

sauroid

the Guidraco is (almost) perfect. (that.crest.paint)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Concavenator

My favorite figure of 2015 is the Wild Safari Yutyrannus.

Halichoeres

Quote from: sauroid on September 04, 2015, 02:48:52 PM
the Guidraco is (almost) perfect. (that.crest.paint)

There is a slight candy corn aspect to the crest. Whenever I start to object to it, I remind myself that our planet is host to things like Gouldian finches, and then all is right with the world.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Mitko

Hi! This is what I got while we were on holiday - CollectA Bistahieversor and Mosasaurus and the Carnegie Anniversary T.tex from 1998. I went in search of the CollectA Spinosaurus but didn't manage to find it, also wanted to get the CollectA Quetzalcoatlus, didn't find it either. Actually, I have had the T.rex for a long time but I used to leave it in our other house, this time I brought it with me. I'm kind of struggling with the photography... :D

Uroplatus

The King has reached European shores.
He is now leading a pack of tyrants...

:)

The Dilong, the other Battat's and Favorite Fukui's are new as well, i have the Amargasaurus too but it's not in the picture.

joossa

Wow. Fantastic new additions, everyone!
EmperorDinobot, will you be selling the original Battas?

I went to Target and got the following. It was also Force Friday and they had a tons of new Star Wars merch and toys. Couldn't resist the 6in Kylo Ren.

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

CityRaptor

Quick, Carnotaurus, use your Dinoguts to kick his butt!

My latest hauls:
Found a new series of Dinosaur Blindbags at the local kiosk! 12 to collect, with Ceratosaurus being the star of the set.

I'm not sure what I did expect, but for sure not the dinosaur being flocked...and one would think that they would at least give the Ceratosaurus a horn, you know, the one it is named after....The back of the card combines with those of the other cards to form a bigger pic of Ceratosaurus. And it comes with a tattoo.

Got this as a gift:

Haven't build it yet due to it being too big for my shelf.

And finally, one of the few pieces of merchandising we got here in Germany regarding the 2014 Godzilla: The German version of "The Art of Destruction"!

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Small package arrived today. From CollectA!

These are apparently being released at the same time as the Spinosaurus and a few other animals, later this Fall.

It's a neat set overall--and includes Apatosaurus, which I don't think CollectA makes a larger model of (all the other models are miniatures of existing figures--although the Mosasaurus is nearly as bigg as their smallest standard figures!

Also, the tubes themselves are top notch--solid plastic cases (more like small tackle boxes) with an acetate divider to keep the dinos frm rattling too much.

I am hoping this is just their first crack at this--I would love to see their other lines become tube-sized as well. And to see other, more appropriate-to-the-size models like fish (of course) and small mammals.

Jetoar

Really beautiful minefigures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: suspsy on September 04, 2015, 01:14:54 PM
I got rid of most of my BW toys a few months ago, but I kept a few. Corahda was one of them. Great toy!

ED, you seriously need to review that Bat-Rex! :D

I plan to review everything there in my review site at some point before the week ends. It's really fun and really cool, and I'm having my friend re-paint it into a sort of Batman 1989 flat black and flat gold color scheme, to give it that "stealth" look.

joossa

I like how the CollectA mini's resemble their standard sized counterparts so well.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Takama

If CollectA Could Release more Toobs with More Dinosaurs, i would Buy them to assemble a little Echosystem

Dinomike

Wow! That looks like a top-notch tube! A great chance to obtain all of those critters!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Meso-Cenozoic

Impressive new additions, everyone!

SBell, those CollectA Minis do look nice. If you ever get a chance, it would be fun to see them next to their full size counterparts. ;)

I had forgotten that one of the Tubes includes a mini version of the new Spino. So I guess technically we're getting 4 new Spinos with this one included. 8) I'm wondering with the inclusion of a mini Apato, if there might be a full-size figure coming next? If so, I hope they make it in their Deluxe line. It's unfortunate that a lot of their Sauropods are in their smaller Standard size line. I like my long-necks BIG! ;D

Roselaar

Lovely little Collectasaurs! Hopefully Collecta will now fill the hole Safari left for not making prehistorically themed toobs anymore. Collecta could make some great toobs, judging by their track record of species. :)

On a related note, I saw the new Papo dinosaurs toob/tube in stores yesterday, but I didn't buy it. It was very expensive and the figures weren't appealing enough to warrant the purchase. The new Giganotosaurus wasn't very good either, though it was the biggest of the bunch.

Rain

Wow those minis look great, I'm going to have to get myself some

Crackington

I spotted the Jurassic World mini figures on sale in ASDA (the UK Walmart) last week and got these three (apologies for the picture quality, taken on my mobile):

Removed Pbucket pics

They were about £3.50. They sort of fit in with the actual film dinos - not bad but could (should?) have been a lot better. The WWD film mini-figures from last year are superior in my opinion, these JWs are quite sloppily painted in comparison.

The best of the three is the Spinosaurus, which is strikingly coloured in white and gold, though it won't be a patch on the new Collecta models. Still it doesn't look too bad on top of my dino-cabinet!

sauroid

cool hauls everyone! the CollectA minis look nice.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Collecta minifig is cool better than papo i think...directly from collecta wow thats cool, is the minifig is available in the market/online store already ?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: